Worship: Corporate worship is a valuable part of every church gathering. When we get together as believers, our aim is, primarily, to bring honor to our Lord and ascribe worth to His name – that what ‘worship’ really means – to ascribe worth. As Christians, everything we do – our jobs, our friendships, our family life, our life in the context of our Christian community at LRC – is to reflect this lifestyle of worship.
Worship is so much more than music…We believe:
- Worship begins and ends with God (Phil 2:13).
- Worship is an attitude of the heart (Is. 29:13).
- Worship is an encounter with the living God (Ex 33:7-11).
- Worship is the declaration to all people the wonders of our King (Ps 71:17).
- Worship is the response of the believer to bestow upon our Lord worth, glory, honor and praise for A) who He is, and B) for all He has done, and C) all He has said He will do.
- Worship was, and is, essential to battle (see II Chr. 20:21 & 22), though we recognize “. . .our struggle is not against flesh and blood. . .”(Eph. 6:12).
- Worship creates an atmosphere for the believer to exercise his/her spiritual gifts, to edify, exhort, and console the body of Christ (I Cor. 14:3 NAS) and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, results in unregenerate hearts coming to conviction, repentance and worship of the Lord Jesus Christ (I Cor. 14:24 & 25).
One of the ministry groups at LRC, called Lithos Zao – ‘living stones’ – is our dedicated group of volunteer musicians, vocalists and technicians who lead us weekly in corporate worship in song and artistic presentation. In addition, our Facilities Teams, who set up and tear down our portable endeavor each and every week are the backbone of the practical ministry of Living Rock Church. For more information regarding these teams and how you might serve, please contact Maddie Sorensen.
Follow these links for more information and tutorials on these three aspects of Worship Arts at LRC.