Above: A video of the LRC property and Rich and Lori McKusick testimony.
Living Rock Church began as a planting of the LORD in 2002. For 17 years we have traveled in “tents” as a portable church, renting space at Central Elementary School yet drawing together a Christ-centered family from a wide region surrounding Norwood Young America. Our prayer is that through this PLANTED CAMPAIGN of prayer and giving (2018-2020), Living Rock Church will move into our first home, located on the beautiful 16-acre property (where our offices are located) just west of Norwood Young America, MN.
In 2015 we “Prayed Down the Debt” on our church property. Now we are raising the down-payment needed for Living Rock to transform from a “planting church” in rented facilities, to a “planted church” – established and flourishing in our own ground.
As we enter the final year of the PLANTED CAMPAIGN, we are challenged by Jeremiah’s prayer when the LORD directed him to buy property in a war zone. Jeremiah prayed, “Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you.” – Jeremiah 32:17
What comes next in the final 13 months?
- In December 2019, we are received new and renewed 13-month prayer and financial commitments for PLANTED. These commitments will be stored in our Jeremiah Jar and not to be opened until we worship in our new church building. Putting your name in the jar is a statement of faith that God will PLANT us!
- We estimate that we are within reach of our $800,000 faith-raising goal, so Lord-willing we can begin final design at the end of 2020.
- Pray that Living Rock will be fruitful and be established and flourish for the glory of God. This project is not just about a building. It’s about our lives being built, our faith legacy being secured, and our communities being reached with the Gospel.
- Make a new or renew a 13-month PLANTED Commitment here on the Online Form today.
- Read the November 2019 PLANTED Newsletter
The PLANTED CAMPAIGN PROGRESS REPORT:
1st Q: December 2017 – 54 pledges. $576,470 pledged. $52,995 given.
2nd Q: December 2018 – 60 pledges. $600,620 pledged. $262,995 given.
3rd Q: December 2019 – 67 commitments of $693,400 (includes a grant of $50,000 from the District). Total giving, $495,500.
4th Q: 2020
You can also give to the PLANTED CAMPAIGN online (in the “Give to:” box, please select “Planted Campaign” in the drop-down menu).
What kind of initial facility would LRC build?
The least expensive traditional building would be rectangular. A larger entrance in Phase 1 is important to allow for two future additions.
What is the building size?
Brunton Architects drew up a 14,400 sq. ft. Phase 1 floor plan based on the spaces we currently use at Central Elementary. We will keep the LRC office and storage space in the current buildings (Farmhouse, Lester Shed, Garage, etc).
What will the cost be?
Construction of a 14,400 sq. ft. building will vary in cost and materials ($150-$180+ per sq. ft. or in the 2.4 – 2.6 million range). We will do all we can to find the balance of quality and economy.
Will we take out a loan?
After studying our finances and consulting with the bank and builders, we believe that we should raise 1/3 of the project cost (or about 800k). This means we would need to finance 2/3 of the project.
Why pledges and commitments?
Pledges and commitments allow us to join together in making a statement of faith for this this vision. Making a commitment to pray and give invites God to work through each of us. Commitments to PLANTED are confidential and will be reported to contributors for information only in the annual church giving statements.