Updates on our Church Property Progress.
We are grateful for the many hands at the work night this past Monday! We emptied the barn and sorted and saved what we could – in less than 90 minutes! We commend Kathy Sutherland for her hard work in rescuing all the usable children’s ministry items.
The Living Rock Church (LRC) leadership team went on retreat on March 18-19 to pray, strengthen one another, and to seek wisdom in being good stewards of God’s ministry at LRC. We continue to rejoice that we are debt-free and blessed with 16 acres of property. We are also thankful that it worked out for the LRC office to receive a new roof in 2015! So, what next? The elders came away from the retreat with unity towards the next steps in investing into our future.
Here is a summary of the LRC board actions since our annual meeting in January 2016:
• We contracted with RTB Land Services Inc. to remove the sagging barn on the LRC property. This work will begin this month.
• We contracted with Door Power for new garage doors on the LRC garage. Our plan is to build shelving, add electric, and secure it for children’s and other ministry storage.
• We contracted with Otto Associates in Buffalo to do a detailed topographical survey on our property which we will need going forward. This work is nearly completed.
• We completed a study of the total ministry space (sq. footage) and usage (humans in the spaces) at Central Elementary. This information will be passed on to the architect to help us shape a starter building based on current usage.
• We are sending specific instructions to Brunton Architects to subdivide our two-phase building drawings into three-phases. Phase one will be a starter building for LRC that will fit within the overall master plan for our property. We hope to have more details to share with the body by late summer.
These improvements and investments are all being paid for out of our General Fund. We thank you for your strong giving through the first quarter of 2016 which allows us to keep moving forward in faith together and meeting our ministry needs.
Our mission of loving, learning, growing, and giving together, should propel us forward with hope for today and for our future. We continue to believe that one day the body of LRC will move from a planting church (in leased facilities), to a planted church (rooted in our own ground). It will take “Red Sea” prayer and dependence on the LORD to keep stepping forward together.
Dennis Paulson (Elder Chair), Pastor Roger Eng, and the LRC Elders